Thursday, January 22, 2009

Superstition Farm Tour

The boys and I went with my MOMS Club on a tour of a local farm. We had so much fun and learned quite a bit. Did you know that the brown cows milk is used for ice cream and butter and the black and white cows are just for milk? Did you also know that all the cows on the dairy farm have magnets in their tummys? Want to know why...if they happen to swallow a screw it will stick to the magnet in their stomach and the acids will dissolve it which will prevent the screw from passing through their digestive tract which would kill them. Who-da thunk?



We took a hayride around the farm to see all the cows and how they make the feed After the hayride we got to feed the goats!! Carson had fun watching his brother.If you live in Arizona and you want to support Arizona farmers and buy the freshest milk Bashas Brand, Safeway, Lucern, Frys and Shamrock's milk are straight from the farms and the freshest you can get. I also learned that you have 7 days after the sell by date that's printed on the gallon.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm impressed, Carie! If I ever have a question about cows, I know who to call. :)