Monday, October 26, 2009

Funny Car Races

This past weekend the Perham Gang along with Grammy K headed to the funny car races at Firebird raceway. Don't worry, we have never heard of this before either. My moms company happens to own a few race cars so they were a sponsor and gave us free tickets!! Funny car faces started 2 years ago.

Let me tell you - funny car races puts the noise at monster jam to shame. We had brought Cole's cool monster jam ear muffs and bought a pair for Carson while we were there. And, it's a good thing we did. I about died when the first races took place. They only went a quarter of a mile in 5.8 seconds hit 250 miles per hour. WHOOZERS!

After a couple races and feeling like we were now deaf, we headed over to the suite. The suite was awesome. It was right at the starting line and there was an outside patio. Well, let me tell you - not only was it deafening when the cars took off, but now since we were so close your whole body vibrated. It was like eating Tai food, you just kept doing it for the rush. Crazy I tell ya. The kids had fun hanging out in the suite with the other kids and never messed with their ear muffs. I think they knew not to touch.
This is one of the race cars that my moms company owns.Carson and I getting ready to enjoy the races - before the shock and awe of the soundHanging with my mom in the suiteView from our patioCarson doing what he does best - EATING!

How cute is my little man?!Ear Muffs or bust!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahahaha (this is me still laughing about the Thai food comment) Also, Carson with earmuffs might be the cutest thing EVER!