Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gilbert Fire to the Rescue

What? What's that you say...Gilbert Fire Department came to the house a couple weeks ago??? Why yes, if you lock your child in the car they will come too!!!

So.o.o.o. I was getting ready to meet a friend for dinner at the ever so delicious Chick Fil A when I locked my daughter in the car. We walk into the garage and the boys run straight towards the trees in the center of the cud de sac to collect acorns (ok, they are not really acorns but that's what we call them). I put the baby in the car then start the car as if I amthreatening the boys like I may leave without them. I shut the door...then say S&*T about as loud as I can realizing the doors have locked and caylee and my keys are inside the car.

No need to panic, she is safe so I go inside and look up the non-emergency fire department number. While I am on the phone with them I am updating my facebook status as well! Multi-tasking!!! MInutes later the fire truck pulls up and the boys are umipng up and down!!! While some of the fire department cuties are rescuing little caylee the other kind fire fighter is giving my boys a tour of the truck. WOW, my boys were in heaven!! All i needed was 10 more kids and some cupcakes and I would call that a Birthday Party!!!

Caylee is safe, the spare key is now put away safely outside ofmy car, and the boys pretended to be fire trucks all night long....All in all it was a good day!



















Carson waiving to the fire truck as they pulled up (do you ever wonder what we would do if we didn't have cameras on our cell phones???)






































Big brother Cole taking a tour of the truck while they try to get Caylee out of the car



















My baby is saved!!

1 comment:

Amy Dayton said...

I love your attitude! Turning something stressful into something fun! Go mama!